Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Alyssa's New Look

Well I am up to date on my blogging now!!!! I am sorry it has been so long....I actually got up 2 hours earlier today so I could get caught up. We have been remodeling our room for about 3 months now. We have been in the biggest mess and I honestly can't take it anymore. Everything from our bedroom is emptied throughout the house. Everyday I get home from work I fix dinner and go straight to work on the bedroom. And Saturday and Sundays morning til night working on it. I will post more about the room later when it gets done. We are finally getting carpet on Saturday and YAY we are so excited!!! I will be so excited to get organized and out of the mess.

A month ago Lys came home from school with a note from the school notifying me that Alyssa had failed her vision test at school and that I should get her into an eye doctor ASAP. After reading the note I looked at Lys and asked her if she has problems seeing things she replied no Mom I can see just fine. So I asked her about the test and she said she had no problems seeing anything. So then thinking back at her Kindergarten assessment test that she failed cause she refused to talked to her teacher and ignored everthing she said to her because she is so shy I thought I am sure that she sees just fine and she was just being shy. I had never had eye problems before and neither has her dad so I just figured everything was fine. I scheduled an appointment just to be sure, but I just kept thinking everything was great and we had nothing to worry about. Her appointment was scheduled a month out because they were so busy. Well I took her in last week. After a long evaluation the doctor turned to me and said that she definatly has some problems. She has what is called Lazy eye. She only has 20/50 vision in her left eye. If you cover her right eye she cannot see very well at all. So she lets her right eye do all the work and her left eye has just become lazy. She is also farsighted in both eyes. The doctor said we needed to get her some glasses and we also needed to do some patching with her right eye to make her left one work. She picked out her glasses (which are so stinking cute on her). They are Barbie brand and her case is a hot pink purse. We have ordered a stylish patch and she only has to wear it in the evening and on the weekends. We have done everything we could to make her excited about it.

We picked her glasses up yesterday and it was so funny. When the lady put them on her to adjust them to her head she said,"Mom I can see". It was so cute. So needless to say Thank Goodness for the vision test at school otherwise I would have never known. She thought she could see fine til she got her glasses and realised how well she can see now. She read her book to me last night and I can't believe how much faster she could read. It was AMAZING!!! I love you Lyssa!!! You look so stinking cute in your glasses!!!!

11 comments:

Lish Fish said...

That is stinkin ADORABLE!! I am so glad you are back.

Heather said...

I don't think you could do anything to that girl and her not be ADORABLE!! She looks darling!! She will be darling in the patch also!! :O)

The Sumkos said...

Yah!! So much fun stuff to read! She looks so cute in those glasses, tell her I think she is even prettier now. My neice had the exact same thing happen to her. We all made such a big deal about how cool her glasses were and how pretty she was and she never felt bad about it. Kids are amazing!

Ericson Fam said...

OH Alyssa looks so cute!! I'm glad you were able to get it all taken care of.

Stueller said...

Yep, my little sister had the same thing :) She looks so cute in those glasses!

Hickman Family said...

Fun pictures, Alyssa looks so grown up in glasses! She looks so cute, glad you got it taken care of. I cannot believe your brother is 18! He is still a little 5 year old in my mind!

Anonymous said...

She is so dang cute! I love and miss you guys. Love me

Tara said...

I wish I looked that cute in my glasses. Holy moly when did your brother get so old. I nominated you on my blog!

TinaBean said...

Hey girl! I am so behind on catching up with everyone! You have been so busy! Your kids were so cute for Halloween and Alyssa is SOOO cute in her glasses. I am in love with her.

Talk to you soon. :)

TinaBean said...

Oh yeah...I forgot to tell you that I love your new background...as usual...it's SOOO cute!

Megan P said...

Hi there..hope you don't mind but I found your blog through Jenny's & I wanted to say hi! You have a darling family! Your kids are so cute!
Hope you are doing good.
If you want an add to my blog just send me an email @
meganp326@gmail.com
Hope you are doing great!
Megan