Monday, February 4, 2008

tHe ScIeNcE fAiR pRoJeCt-HOW DOES SALT AFFECT THE LIFE OF BRINE SHRIMP?

For the past couple of weeks Lilly has been working on her Science Project for the Science Fair. I can't believe she is old enough to do the Science Fair. But with the help of me, Brandon, and her dad we were able to get it all put together. We had to do three containers of water with different salt levels. Then put the packets of brine shrimp eggs in it and watch them hatch. We came to the conclusion that brine shrimp will not survive in less than 32% salt to water. So the Science Fair was Friday. We were up late Thursday finishing up final touches. Her dad came over at 7 in the morning and we still had some stuff to finish up. He helped us hurry and finish and he took her to school to help her set up. When Lilly got home from school that afternoon she said to me "Mom I didn't get anything," I told her it's ok sweetie we will try harder next year, now that we know what we are doing. She went back to her bedroom and then came out with a huge smile on her face and screamed, "I am going to the DISTRICT, I got FIRST place"(little stinker thought she would tease me). I was so excited for her. Sometimes Lilly struggles with everything that has gone on in her life so that was something that really meant a lot to her. I want her to know that her family is very proud of her and that we love her very much. GOOD LUCK at district Lilly!




Her Grandma Sandy brought her flowers with a CONGRATULATIONS balloon.

8 comments:

Lish Fish said...

That is awesome! I am sooo glad Kenna is not there yet, that is a lot of work! Call again soon, let me know how THINGS are going.

The Sumkos said...

That is so cool!! Good luck at district Lily, you are a smartie!

The Sumkos said...

P.S. - When I went to your blog, love and hate collide started to play and I had a major flashback of sophmore year. We (me, you, Lish, & Tara) were sitting on the floor in your bedroom listening to that song and I was crying about a certain jock boyfriend of mine and it was the night the we were going to Collin Raye! Whoa.....that's a trip huh? Everytime I hear that song I think of that night, isn't that funny?

Anonymous said...

Kami, you are so cute. I love your blog, of course because it is red, my favorite color. You are so creative. Lilly reminds me so much of you. Too bad some other little chaquita had to copy you, what a pysco. Yours is cute. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Love, Mom

Tara said...

I award you with the "Cutest Blog Award!" Go Lily!!! I tagged you twice. Sorry. I sure do love you though. I want to know who copied your blog. Maybe I should call you. Oh yeah, go to my blog for the rules.

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

I think I just figured it out.

The Sumkos said...

Me again! I am trying to see how many times I can comment on this post! ;) No really though, I have some questions for you about designing your own blog page. First of all, I want to get mine to all fit in the screen so you don't have to scroll over to see the side, do you know how I could fix that - I have tried everything! Second, where do you get all your cute paper from? I have found shabby princess but that's about it. If you could please help me I would REALLY appreciate! If you want to email me, it's aubstacle@hotmail.com. Thanks darling!